2020 Virtual Cary Tree Lighting

Cary, NC — Like many other events in 2020, Cary’s tree lighting ceremony will be done virtually.

Read more

A Master List for Local Holiday Shopping in Cary

Cary, NC — In a year that has brought uncertainty to small, local businesses, the Cary Chamber of Commerce says it’s more important than ever for the community to rally around them in the holiday shopping season.

Read more

Cary Resident Pens Cuban Cookbook & Biography

Cary, NC — It wasn’t until I was 23 that I had my first taste of Cuban food. I could not believe how incredible the flavors were and how long it had taken me to discover them.

Read more

Cary Ballet’s Virtual Nutcracker Coming December 19

Cary, NC — Since 2014, Cary Ballet Company has put on yearly Nutcracker performances for the community at the Cary Arts Center. This year, the tradition will endure virtually.

Read more

15 Cary Non-Profits to Remember on Giving Tuesday 2020

Cary, NC — The global movement geared at giving back known as Giving Tuesday will be celebrated with all sorts of generous acts on December 1, 2020.

Read more

Harold’s Blog: Virtual Tree Lighting, Quarterly Meeting Notes and More

Cary, NC — This post will be shorter than normal due to the Thanksgiving holiday.

Read more

A Closer Look at Cary’s Downtown Development, The Walker

Cary, NC — In February 2020, we reported on the Cary Town Council’s unanimous approval of a project that would bring two urban developments to Downtown Cary.

Now, we’ve caught up with a couple of lead developers and investors to get a closer look at what to expect from the project.

Read more

Santa’s Mailbox Now Open in the Downtown Park

Cary, NC — For little ones wanting to hear from Saint Nicholas himself this holiday season, the Town of Cary is hosting its annual Letters to Santa tradition with a drop-off site in the Downtown Park this year.

Read more

December Event will Amplify Voices of Resilient Youth

Cary, NC — At the southern tip of Cary, just before Kildaire Farm Road runs out, there’s a non-profit horse riding academy called “CORRAL”.

Read more

Photos: Fall Colors in Cary

Cary, NC — Spending the better part of the last 6 years in the mountains of North Carolina, I became a big fan of watching the leaves change color each Autumn. In fact, when tourists would come to the Smoky Mountain National Park area in the fall time, we’d call them “leaf lookers”.

Read more