Cary Town Council Creates Diversity Task Force

Cary, NC — This week the Cary Town Council, in an effort to bring about actionable change, created a task force whose mission will be to help foster diversity and inclusion across the community.

Read more

Livening Up My Landscape

Cary, NC – Here are a few plant ideas for late spring to liven up the landscape. All pictures are from my garden. Read more

Protests & Unity in Cary

Cary, NC — “Hey-hey, ho-ho, racism has got to go.”

“No peace, no justice.”

“I can’t breathe.”

“Stand up, speak out.”

“Black Lives Matter.”

Read more

Cary COVID Weekly Report – June 10

Cary, NC – Here’s your weekly COVID-19 Report. If you want to explore the data for yourself, visit Wake County COVID 19 or NC Dept of Health & Human Services. Read more

Everyday Heroes: The Man Behind the Truck

Cary, NC — We hear the screech of the brakes and the clash of the bins each week, but do we ever truly see them?

Read more

Harold’s Blog: Unity Walk, Budget and Pipeline Update

Cary, NC — This week included a birthday, the final budget proposal, and a unity walk in Cary.

Read more

Photos: Chalk Art Sparks Unity in Cary

Cary, NC — A Cary High School student created an event this week that brought together residents and Cary Police in a unified stand against racism and police brutality.

Read more

Turning a New Leaf at the Mayton Inn

Cary, NC — The sale of the Mayton Inn was officially closed this week on June 2, 2020 with ownership now belonging to Academy Park Hospitality, LLC.

Read more

Cary COVID Weekly Report: June 3, 2020

Cary, NC – We received a lot of positive feedback on our COVID Report last week. Some readers recommended we do it weekly, which we took to mean they didn’t want to see it in their inbox everyday. Read more

Don Frantz Shares the “Cary Way” of Training Police

Cary, NC — On Saturday, May 30, peaceful protests related to the death of George Floyd turned violent in downtown Raleigh. Following the protests, Cary’s Mayor Pro Tem, Don Frantz shared the role of the Cary Police that night online as well as a detailed look into Cary’s police training procedures designed to prevent a similar tragedy in our community.

Read more