A Trip Through the Holt Road Christmas Lights

Cary, NC — After the Tree Lighting Ceremony last Saturday in Downtown Cary, my wife and I walked around to find a spot to eat. Of course, about 1,000 other people had the same idea and not one spot had a wait time of less than an hour.

Read more

Apple Invests in Wake County, Gives Coding Opportunities to Students

Cary, NC — Yesterday, Boys & Girls Clubs serving Wake County announced it has teamed up with Apple to bring coding opportunities to local young learners.

Read more

Weekend Events: Soccer, Jaycees Parade & Holiday Markets

Cary, NC — It’s a big weekend for soccer fans as the top 4 college soccer teams in the country will be narrowed down to the final 2021 College Cup Champion.

In addition to the big games, there are lots of holiday-related events from markets and performances to the return of the Jaycees Christmas Parade. Here’s the rundown.

Read more

Photos: The 2021 Cary Christmas Tree Lighting

Cary, NC — On Saturday, December 4th at the Town Hall Campus, I experienced my very first Cary Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony. Even more special than it being my first is that Mayor Harold Weinbrecht called it the largest crowd he’s ever seen at the well-loved annual event that was moved to an entirely virtual format last year.

Read more

Harold’s Blog: Holiday Events and Celebrating First Responders

Cary, NC — This week included speaking engagements and holiday events.

Read more

Top 5 Stories of the Week: December 3, 2021

Cary, NC — It was a mixed bag of top-read stories this week from crime and construction to holiday events. To get you caught up, here’s a quick recap of the week’s biggest articles.

Read more

December at the Cary Downtown Farmers Market

Cary, NC — The Cary Downtown Farmers Market, now in its winter season through March 2022, is open on Saturdays from 9 AM – 12 PM.

Read more

Weekend Events: Tree Lightings, Gingerbread Competition & More

Cary, NC — The weekend ahead of us is sure to be a festive one as it includes Cary’s Heart of the Holidays Celebration and other seasonal events.

Read more

Local Nonprofits to Remember This Giving Tuesday

Cary, NC — Now in its 10th year of being celebrated, Giving Tuesday is a growing global movement about generosity that drives giving and collective action in communities around the world.

Read more