Ashley’s Journal: Taking Pride in Cary

Cary, NC — Last month was Pride month and usually, it’s a time for many to show their connection to or support of the LGBT+ community.

Read more

Cary Public Art: A New Series

Cary, NC — We see them everywhere, yet we don’t know the stories behind them or the hands that made them.

Read more

Harold’s Blog: Environmental Efforts & Citizen Emails

Cary, NC — It was another slow week with only two tele-meetings.

Read more

Profile: Russ Overton, Deputy Town Manager

Cary, NC — His first day working for the Town was in 1998 as an entry-level engineer. Now, 22 years later, he keeps his finger on the pulse of all new development in Cary, serving as Deputy Town Manager and Chief Development Officer.

Read more

Celebrating Continues for Cary Graduates

Cary, NC — In late June, the Town of Cary announced its plans for the Cary Graduates Together event. Last night I stopped by Academy Street to take it in and here’s what I saw.

Read more

Cary COVID Report – July 15

Cary, NC – It is week 20 of the COVID pandemic in Cary. Infections rates continue to climb in Wake County. Read more

Harold’s Blog: Mask Extension, Columbus Monument Removed and More

Cary, NC — Since I declared a State of Emergency in March for the COVID-19 pandemic, face-to-face meetings have been rare and only with staff. And face-to-face meetings with the public have been stopped.

Read more

Cary History: Restoring a Black Cemetery

Cary, NC — There is a little-known African-American cemetery on W. Cornwall Road, belonging to the Cary First Christian Church, next to Glenaire Senior Facility. Sallie Jones took on restoring and preserving it as a personal project, saving it from becoming lost.

Read more

An Open Conversation on Race & Policing in Cary

Cary, NC — Powerful words when matched with inclusive actions have the ability to change the narratives of racial injustice and police perception. Proving that point in a virtual meeting of the Heart of Cary Association this morning were two panelists, Tru Petigrew, a Diversity and Inclusion Expert, and Tony Godwin, former Cary Police Chief.

Read more

Everyday Heroes: A Humble, Innovative Teacher

Cary, NC — For 17 years, Melissa Poppe has poured her passion, her techniques and her energetic teaching style into the lives of students at Cary’s Green Hope High School.

Read more