Scholarship Open for Graduating High Schoolers

Cary, NC — Applications are now being accepted for the 2020 Friends of the Page-Walker Scholarship, a one-time grant awarded to a high school senior residing in Cary.

Read more

Remembering and Celebrating Cinco de Mayo

Cary, NC — The holiday which usually gives reason for Americans to enjoy tacos and margaritas is commonly misinterpreted as a Mexican Independence Day. Instead, it is the celebration of the Mexican Army’s unlikely victory in the May 5, 1862 Battle of Puebla against the French.

Read more

Volunteers Bring Internet Access to Wake County Students

Cary, NC — With NC schools closed through the end of the academic year, reliance on technology for virtual learning is at an all-time high.

Read more

Beyond Film Festival Moves to September

Cary, NC — The doors of the Cary Theater have remained closed for more than a month, but the planning and behind-the-scenes work have continued on.

Read more

Harold’s Blog: Virtual Council Meeting, Reopening NC, Federal Update and More

Cary, NC — This week included my youngest daughter’s birthday and my anniversary. It is part of a six-day span where we celebrate three birthdays and my anniversary.
Read more

Cary History: Former Cary Mayor Koka Booth

Cary, NC — Today we are diving into the CaryCitizen Archive to revisit a 2010 in-home interview with one of Cary’s most prominent leaders, Mayor Koka Booth.

Read more

Cary Virtual Town Hall Next Thursday

Cary, NC – Town of Cary has announced a virtual Town Hall on Thursday, April 30, 2020 at 6:30 PM. Read more

Economist: NC Could Be Winner Post-COVID

Cary, NC — In the Cary Chamber of Commerce virtual Eye-Opener event Wednesday morning economist Dr. Michael Walden of NC State provided his take on the COVID economy, how long it will be affecting us and what to expect in Cary going forward.

Read more

Strawberry Farms Open for Business

Cary, NC — Strawberry picking season is here and these four local patches have safe options in place for shoppers to enjoy picking their own or taking a to-go batch of farm-fresh strawberries.

Read more

Ways to Celebrate Earth Day 2020

Cary, NC — Today, Wednesday, April 22, 2020 marks the 50th yearly celebration of Earth Day.

Read more